1) I examined the Web 2.0 resources found on Cool Tool For Schools and Kathy Schrock's List. I mostly looked at the quiz generating tools, such as Class Marker, and resources that allowed students to access a document or activity at the same time and work on it together, such as Flow Chart. I also investigated more of the presentation resources, such as Prezi and Slideshare.
2) I really liked the quiz resources. I would like to incorporate different ways of assessing and grading students and I think these are potential sites I could use. Class Marker seemed like it had a really nice and easy system to use with my students.
3) I think I selected one over the other based on my classroom needs and what I have been thinking about doing for a while now.
4) With the quiz and poll tools, I could use these as exit tickets for class, possibly as a way for students to do homework, or as bell ringers when class starts. I need to examine the requirements for students to access the resources.
Sean, I wonder if any of the quiz tools would allow the students to select problems they "like" to be saved in order to generate a cumulative test? I like your idea about using the poll tools for bellringers and exit "slips."
ReplyDeleteI, also, liked the idea of using these for exit slips. I love quiz generators because they are so easily tailored to a particular lesson. Using them as exit slips would be an excellent and quick way of assessing your lesson and student learning.
ReplyDeleteLove your exit slip idea. At times, I find it difficult to fit in an exit slip with only 42 minutes of class. Students could visit a site after school and I would still be able to informally asses their understanding from class. Great idea!
ReplyDelete