Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Podcast Reflection

One of the main challenges I see with podcasting is keeping students engaged with the material and making sure they have appropriate access to it. As a special educator, I could definitely see using this as a way to help accommodate lessons for particular students. For example, we could have portions of a text or test and have the student listen to the podcast to understand what they are being asked.

Having students develop their own podcasts presents an opportunity for them to show mastery of a particular assessment in a different way, especially in the public speaking realm.

I could have students use podcasting to record errors they make when do particular math problems. I could have them include an image of the problem they are working on and make a podcast of themselves describing common mistakes. We could do this all year and give students nice review material for their final.

No comments:

Post a Comment