Friday, January 24, 2014

Blog Reflection

I am responding to the first prompt.

Having students blog on a regular basis could be effective to help build reflective writers (and students) and to encourage collaboration between students. Students could use blogs to reflect on the day's activity in a particular class. With prompts, students could analyze how the lesson went and what helped them to learn best. If there is a particular challenge with a lesson, students could easily communicate with each other and maybe identify a common misconception.

To have students develop an electronic portfolio, you could have them enter any type of writing assignments they perform in your class on to a blog. It could be weekly or monthly, but as students write particular assignments into the blog, they can easily track their progress over the course of a semester or year.

3 comments:

  1. I like your thinking! Students may be more apt to complete these writing assignments in the blog format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good for me to hear from a class room teacher who uses technology everyday and and accurately assess effectiveness. I am excited about the student engagement. Plus, I think students will respond better to technology driven devices....less likely to misplace a computer, tablet than a notebook!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like that students can collaborate. In the real world collaboration is key and it is so valuable for students to work with each other in order to problem solve or to give feedback.

    ReplyDelete