1) I found the activity to be easy to navigate. The questions were clear and some required more analysis than others. I think some more context or background on the writers and the articles, such as the ambassador, would have made it easier to follow. I wonder how students would interact with the site and what they would to if they got stuck on a particular question?
2) The goal sets the direction of where you want your students to go, so it definitely has an impact on the tools used. The biggest advantage the tools offer students is the ability to collaborate in and outside of the classroom. Also, for my lesson in particular, the online website desmos provides students with an interactive graphing tool to utilize, which provides them with visual representations of data. This allows students to focus more on the analysis of the data instead of its creation, where some students could become frustrated or lost.
Sean, I think that you are right that a couple of the documents would be challenging for some students, and I wonder if they would continue if they felt frustrated. I also agree that some of these newer technology tools allow students to colloborate more with students and their teacher both in and out of the classroom.
ReplyDeleteI can agree that the documents could have more background from the writers. Also, again, collaboration tools are very useful in a project like this one.
ReplyDelete