Setting up the Diigo account was relatively painless. I am still awaiting approval for the classroom use. I did have some technical problems networking with others as the link didn't always work to find other people.
I could see using this with students in an Humanities course. The ability to highlight and annotate text is pretty neat and could be very useful for students reading certain texts or links. There are a lot of possibilities of things to do with that tool. A teacher could find an article online and post their annotations or thoughts when they read the text for students to see. It could also make for a good study or review guide as a teacher could highlight important parts of a website to review.
With co-workers I could see using this as a place to share common documents. In special education, we deal a lot with IEPS, so I could see using this site to highlight or annotate example IEPs or documents that help in crafting the IEP. It would also be nice to share bookmarks that are helpful with IEP writing.
With parents, I could see creating a group that might list resources for your classroom. With IEPs, it might work out to have a group with resources on IEP related materials.
I always find the perspectives of other school disciplines so very interesting. With the Student Services PST concept, I learn so much about how Deans, counselors, etc. view situations. With the SEL direction, I see alot of joint teaming with case managers to do IEP's, FBA's and BIP's at one's convenience. I am glad that you noted special education as it now is so clear to me how valuable this can be in everyday use.
ReplyDelete