The difference between a regular teacher website and LMS (Moodle) is the amount of interaction that can occur between the teacher and students, or between students and students. Teachers are also able to use Moodle to assess student learning, which is not done with the regular website.
I can see using Moodle for quizzes as being beneficial as students can receive instant feedback and retake an assessment. Teachers can also use the assignment tab to have students upload papers and activities to the website. Student forums can also be set up to encourage discussion between students over a particular topic.
In terms of Math, I like the glossary option of Moodle. I think creating a centralized glossary of math terms would be extremely helpful for students to search for particular terms that they are unfamiliar with in class.
I agree with how much the Moodle activities allow for students interaction with their learning. Moodle could be used for study guides before a test/quiz and then for the test/quiz itself. I love that you can keep these items on for as long as you want, and just restrict access over the course of the school year. This is a lasting form of communication that teachers can use over the course of their careers.
ReplyDeleteYour reflection was very informative to me. This part of the class really opens the field up and provides a multidisciplinary perspective. I am always interested in the teacher viewpoint and how it applies to better learning for students. It provides me with more accurate and informed resources that I can discuss at parent meetings or parent conversations. It also gives me another way to guide students to help their academic performance.
ReplyDelete