I looked for some potential ideas for a math project based lesson and here is a potential activity that students could perform.
Math Project
I can see project based learning helping with student engagement, as long as the project was something of interest to a student. I also see how it would help integrate technology into a lesson and help students be more connected with the material.
The essential question is the driving force behind the project, so it will greatly impact student interest and engagement in the lesson. It also sets up the types of assessments that students could complete to show mastery of a particular topic, which impacts the quality of assessments that students return.
Sean, I agree completely that the quality of the essential question can have a huge impact on the quality of the assessment that the students complete. I have seen this firsthand in my classes.
ReplyDeleteSean,
ReplyDeleteThat is the 64000 dollar question will the students have interest in the project. Will this project be an individual or will it be partner or groups. If in groups there is sure to have at least one student that is really interested and in turn that may rub off of on the other students.
Sean, I agree that projects engage students and have a huge impact on their understanding.
ReplyDelete